Welcome on MasterOf13FPS! MasterOf13FPS

Register today or sign up if you are already a member and never miss any cool content again :)

Ubuntu and Windows

Neerarawat

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am confused to choose Ubuntu over windows. which one is more secure, I learned on the Internet that ubuntu is generally more secure than Windows. Even though attack vectors are still discovered in ubuntu, due to its open-source technology, anyone can review the vulnerabilities. Can anyone know about Linux and tell me head to head comparison between ubuntu and Windows?

If you want security any linux distro is better bcs even if you weren't attacked by anyone,haven't got malware or anything like that windows still comes with spyware from microsoft and if you are hosting or developing linux is much more stable and open source so if there is any bug in the kernel itself it will be patched really quickly

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I am confused to choose Ubuntu over windows. which one is more secure, I learned on the Internet that ubuntu is generally more secure than Windows. Even though attack vectors are still discovered in ubuntu, due to its open-source technology, anyone can review the vulnerabilities. Can anyone know about Linux and tell me head to head comparison between ubuntu and Windows?
Like @TabioEz said,

Ubuntu, or any Linux distro for that matter, is way more customizable and secure compared to that of Windows. Microsoft was software in place that allows them to access any file, directory, or location on your Windows machine. In addition, many Linux distros are open-source, and if you're good at C/C++, you could definitely tweak them to your liking.

Linux is nice but not user friendly.
There are a few programs and games that just wont run and many that take some time to get working
for people who want it "easy" and use more than word linux is probably not the right choice

This is another reason why Linux is "secure" than Windows. It is not worth writing malware for not even 3% of computer users.

market shares.png

It just depends on what exactly you mean by "secure".

Linux is nice but not user friendly.
There are a few programs and games that just wont run and many that take some time to get working
for people who want it "easy" and use more than word linux is probably not the right choice

This is another reason why Linux is "secure" than Windows. It is not worth writing malware for not even 3% of computer users.

It just depends on what exactly you mean by "secure".
even if linux had the same marketshare, it would still be more secure due to it being open source and most programs being distributed trough packages in moderated repositories

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back