Welcome on MasterOf13FPS! MasterOf13FPS

Register today or sign up if you are already a member and never miss any cool content again :)

Moving colors on rect

kwlddy

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight on how to make a rect with the colors moving.
Ex: the session stats in this video

Learn about hue and draw the rect or text with this hue as the color value

Hey,
the rectangle is probably realized by using a shader.
You can introduce a time aspect to shaders by passing some sort of number that is constantly counting upwards to the shader.
Trigonometric functions will do the rest. Hope this helps.

Looks like a simple gradient rect with colors changing based on the current time, the color changing should be easy as you can just use a simple color pulsing method on either basic gradient rect in mcs source code or shader based one as "Joshua" has mentioned

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight on how to make a rect with the colors moving.
Ex: the session stats in this video
its kinda easy you just need to make a new float variable (ex: i), than make a for loop by using the variable and the "width" variable than add the variable to the x in the "Gui.drawRect", also add it to the width ("Gui.drawRect"), and lastly add the variable to the rainbow and multiply it by 50 or 100

its kinda easy you just need to make a new float variable (ex: i), than make a for loop by using the variable and the "width" variable than add the variable to the x in the "Gui.drawRect", also add it to the width ("Gui.drawRect"), and lastly add the variable to the rainbow and multiply it by 50 or 100
Why not just use a gradient shader? Its not that hard to make?

Thought about that but wouldnt it be bad for performance because youre drawing so many recta

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back