Welcome on MasterOf13FPS! MasterOf13FPS

Register today or sign up if you are already a member and never miss any cool content again :)

Current state of VAC Bans 12.07.2020

Aui

Old Team
Premium
Developer
Reaction score
Website
auitism.us
So right now it looks like Valve decided to hand out VAC bans to accounts that were stuck in very low trust factor. Nobody but Valve knows how exactly their trust factor system works, but it's certain that there are some actions that can get you stuck in that trust factor, for example having a phone number or payment method on your account that was previously linked to an account that got banned in CS:GO. Since their trust factor system also majorly depends on in-game reports, it's no wonder that this wave hit a lot of semi-rage MM players.

Now for the good news: The trust factor system is far from perfect and this ban wave affected a lot of clean players that never cheated in their life. There are a lot of posts on Reddit and the steam discussions (https://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/, https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/9/) complaining about this so I'm pretty certain that Valve either knows about it by now or will soon notice that they banned a lot of legits, and will have no choice other than reverting the bans. It's up to them whether they will just revert all bans or only unban some of the players, but there's a very good chance that your ban will get removed if you were banned in this wave.
But even if you get unbanned you're not 100% safe. This reminds me of a situation back in april 2018 where Valve made a similar mistake and a lot of cheaters users got unbanned after the previous VAC wave hit a lot of legits, only for them to be banned again a few days later. So I'd make sure to trade away any valuable items you might have to a safe account and wait at least a month or two before putting any valuables back on the unbanned account.

Feel free to post any other info you might have below, for example, if you were banned or not and what your trust factor was.

Obviously this is all just speculation, so don't blame me if your ban doesn't get reverted. I want to end this with the old rule: Don't cheat on accounts you can't afford to lose. No cheat is guaranteed to be 100% safe and by choosing to cheat you're accepting that risk.

//edit
seems like legits are starting to get unbanned:

not a thing since this is a private forum so not everybody is able to check the original source.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back